So, you want to start making some toasties with a dedicated toastie maker, huh?!? We salute you!
There are fewer things more joyous in life than eating a cheesy, gooey toastie out of a toastie maker. The best part is, toastie makers are pretty cheap and will not break the bank.
There are many options to choose from, so-much-so that it may seem overwhelming. Don’t worry, we did the research for you and have some amazing recommendations that you can use with confidence.
What Toastie Maker Do We Use?
It is simple, durable, and makes some tasty toasties. We love it, and we recommend it with confidence to anyone living in Europe. We currently live in the Netherlands, and we purchased it here.
To my fellow Americans… don’t fret. We have awesome recommendations for you, too!
What Toastie Makers Do We Recommend?
Simple Option: If you are looking for another solid toastie maker option, check out the Hamilton Beach Sandwich Maker (Amazon Link). It’s basically identical to the one we use, and it includes these features:
- Easy to clean with non-stick plates
- Compact and easily storable
- Lights to let you know when it is on (hot) and ready to use
- It’s cheap! Last time I checked it was only $17.99!
More Advanced Option: If you are looking for something a little bit more sophisticated, we recommend considering this toastie maker by BLACK+DECKER (Check it out on Amazon). This one has a little more firepower, and includes the following features:
- Three interchangeable plates: waffle maker, grill, and sandwich maker
- The plates are non-stick and dishwasher-safe
- It has grease run-off channels
- It’s also compact and easily storable
- It’s still inexpensive. Last I checked, the price was $26.99!
Things to Consider When Selecting a Toastie Maker
When purchasing a dedicated toastie maker, the most important thing to consider is if you want interchangeable plates or not.
- We decided to purchase a basic toastie maker without interchangeable plates because we already have a sandwich grill and we plan on investing in other sandwich making equipment in the future.
- If you only plan on buying one toastie maker, the interchangeable parts will offer you more variety in you toasted sandwich experimenting. Otherwise, a simple one works just fine.
You will also want to consider the price range. You should be able to find good, reliable toastie makers for between $15-$35 USD. If you start seeing toastie makers more expensive than this, you might as well upgrade to a sandwich press.