Beans in tomato sauce, sausage, bacon, egg, tomatoes, mushrooms and white toast. Why put all this deliciousness on just simple white toast, if you can turn it into something far more delicious: a toasted sandwich. We did it. We loved it. We will never go back to plain English breakfast ever again.
- 6 slices of white bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 sausage (cut in half)
- 100 grams of bacon (thinly sliced)
- 50 grams of mushrooms, cut in slices
- 1 or 2 tomatoes, cut in slices
- 180 grams of white beans in tomato sauce (Heinz!!!)
- butter, room temperature
- First, put the beans with tomato sauce in the blender cup. Add a pinch of salt to taste. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut the sausage longways, so that it will cook faster and more evenly. Place on grill until well done. Set aside.
- Put bacon on the grill. Turn halfway. Set aside.
- Put slices of tomato on the grill. Close the grill and grill shortly until done. This step is more for color and taste than anything else. Set aside. Let chill down and cut in slices
- Put slices of mushroom on the grill. Close the grill and grill shortly until done. Set aside.
- Take two slices of bread and butter them. Turn around so that the “empty” sides are facing up.
- Take a third slice of bread and cut out the middle part. Put butter on one side. You could butter two sides if you don’t mind using some extra butter and want to make sure that this so-called “bread frame” will stick to the other two layers.
- Put a layer of bean paste on one slice of bread.
- Place slices of sausage on the bean paste. Put the bread frame on top and press gently. If any of the bean paste comes out, take it off.
- Crack an egg in the bread frame.
- Place tomatoes, mushrooms and bacon on top.
- Top off with the final slice of bread. Buttery side up.
- Place carefully on the grill. Make sure the grill comes down easily so that it doesn’t destroy the to-be-toasted sandwich.
- Wait for about 8-10 minutes or until the egg is well done.
- Carefully take the sandwich off the grill and cut diagonally. If you accidentally take the sandwich out to early, just place it back until it is done.
- Admire the not-so-pretty Full English Breakfast Toasted Sandwich.
- Bread Tip: White bread
- Sauce Tip: Ketchup
- Category: Comfort Food, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
- Method: Toasted Sandwich
- Cuisine: Fusion Sandwich
Keywords: Comfort Food, English Breakfast, Sausage, Bacon, Eggs, Beans, Mushrooms, Tomatoes