This toastie was born as a pizza recipe, but is now one of our favorites toasties. This green toastie is totally green and therefore doesn’t only taste delicious, but is also beautiful to look at!
- 4 slices of seeded multigrain bread
- 125 grams of green peas (either fresh or cooked)
- Handful of mint leaves
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ a zucchini (cut in slices of ½ cm thick)
- 3x 1 dash of olive oil (separate)
- Drizzle some olive oil on a preheated sandwich grill.
- Grill the zucchini until it is cooked, but still crispy (this should take about 3 minutes). Set aside.
- Make the pea-spread by combining the peas, olive oil, lemon juice, mint and garlic in a blender.
- Blend until you have a chunky spread (or make it smoother by adding some more water and/or olive oil). Add salt if desired.
- Spread a thick layer of the pea spread on one slice of bread.
- Place the zucchini on top (make sure there is not too much filling)
- If desired, place another layer of pea spread on the inside of the other slice of bread.
- Drizzle some more olive oil on the grill.
- Place the toastie in the center of the grill.
- Ready in 3-5 minutes or when it is crispy!
- Sauce tip: Ketchup
- Bread tip: Seeded multigrain bread (or something else hearty and/or nutty)
- Equipment: Sandwich grill, blender/food processor
- Category: Vegan
- Method: Sandwich Grill
- Cuisine: Toasted Sandwich
Keywords: Mint, Peas, Zuchini, Toastie, Toasted Sandwich, Grilled Sandwich, Vegan, Grilled Cheese, Protein