Pizza is a classic recipe… Toasties are a classic recipe. What about combining the best of both classics, and making a Pizza Toastie!? It will be the easiest pizza you’ll ever have made for yourself!
- 4 slices of white bread
- Pizza sauce or tomato paste
- Green olives
- Oregano, chili flakes, garlic and seasalt
- Grated (Shredded) mozzarella
- Dash of olive oil
- Spread the pizza sauce or tomato paste on both slices of bread
- If you’re using tomato paste, sprinkle some oregano and garlic on both sides (add salt and chili flakes if desired)
- Sprinkle plenty of grated mozzarella on one slice of bread. Make sure it is distributed equally.
- Add another pinch of oregano.
- Put some anchovies, olives and capers on the pizza (as many as you like!)
- And “close” the toastie.
- Drizzle some olive oil onto the grill and carefully place the toastie on the grill.
- Close the grill and grill until the bread is crispy, the cheese is starting to get runny or until the bread is turning goldish-brown.
- Carefully remove the pizza-toastie from the grill.
- Serve with ketchup.
- Sauce Tip: Aïoli or Ketchup
- Bread Tip: Ciabatta or Sourdough